Wednesday, January 28, 2009

its a hard knock life...






these pictures make me laugh. i have a rule "no kids in the kitchen". its basically one of the only consistent rules here, and they all know it really well. even if the gate is left open all the girls (except wren) will hesitate at the doorway, unsure how to proceed. until luna comes running over to bang the gate shut with a quick, "NO!". when i am getting lunch ready or washing dishes or trying to make myself a cup of tea, this is where they gather. peering over at me, asking me questions, repeating urgent needs (can you get this dress on my baby?) and waiting for me to emerge from behind the gates and out of the forbidden zone.

1 comment:

Claire, Sam, Olive and Mae said...

I am not at all surprised that Olive is keeping a close eye on Wren! She always needs to know what everyone is up to!